Hannon Library was awarded a Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) grant from the Oregon State Librar in 2005 to create a digital Historical Collection. Hannon Library is partnered with the Southern Oregon Historical Society (SOHS), Jackson County Library Services, and the Josephine County Library System to create a the Southern Oregon History Collection. The Southern Oregon History Collection became available to the public in October 2006.
Metadata Creation Guidelines
- Mining near Waldo, Josephine County, from Grants Pass and Josephine County Oregon, Grants Pass Commercial Club [191-?] p. 25.
- Pear, from Rogue River Valley Realty Edition, [Saturday Review (Medford, Or.)], April 30, 1918, ,p. 1.
- Photograph of Crater Lake. Copyright Barbara Decker.
- Photograph of Mountain Chickadee inset. Copyright Peter LaTourrette, North American Birds Photo Gallery.
- Rogue River Indian woman (probably Takelma). Peter Britt Collection, SOU Library Special Collections.. Copyright Southern Oregon University Library.
- Wocus Plant inset. Plate in Frederick Coville’s, Wokas: A Primitive Food Of The Klamath Indians (United States National Museum, 1902.
Original Project Team at Southern Oregon University Library:
- Jim Rible
- Teresa Montgomery
- Deborah Hollens
- Mary Jane Cedar Face
- Kate Cleland-Sipfle
- Dorothy Ormes
- Susan DeRosia
- Jules Filipski
Advice and General Guidance:
- Liz Bishoff, Colorado Digitization Project
- Catherine Murray-Rust, Oregon State University (formerly at Cornell University)
- Sheila McGarr, National Library of Education
- Programmers at the California Digital Library, Office of the President, University of California
- Gail Palmer, LSTA Project Manager, Washington State Library
- Janet Stockhausen, Attorney with the U.S. Forest Service
- Carol Hixson, Head, Catalog Department, University of Oregon, Eugene, OR
- Sam Sayre, Library Analyst, OCLC